Wednesday 19 January 2011

Half way between and the sunny side up

It never feels right though, does it? 
The alarm goes off and you drag yourself out of the bed feeling 'Gosh, I so could do with another hour'. It comes though, regardless... And it just feels so unfair that the Monday has come to welcome us so soon as we feel, whether you like it or not. 
And quite rightly so, it will come to you, ready or not.

I don't feel quite there yet. I'm not there yet! 
I'm still mingling between the 6 o'clock and midnight of Sunday. 
Taste of 6 o'clock cocktail still lingering through my tongue and feeling every inch 'Je ne sais quoi', oh boy, I am not ready to enter. 
Let's just pretend... we stay here and now.


But then, another snooze can't simply go on for another 10 mins. Time is up. 



It's been a long day. It has to be what I've got. 
Bag of carrots caught my tired eyes, struggling half way through the blue and the sunny side. 


But didn't I tell you, a glass of wine and an hour in my kitchen, does the trick. 
And I find myself sailing my way through the week already somehow.






Here, mouthful of goodness and an eyeful of cheer. 
I am so ready to unfold the other side of the week. Now I am looking forward to it.
Knock Knock!




Lumpy and Chunky as you like carrot soup with giant croutons


250g carrots, roughly cubed
1 tomato, cut into quarter
1 white onion, chopped
1 celery stick, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 tbsp soup mix lentils and beans, soaked
handful tarragon, chopped
handful coriander, chopped
1/2 tsp coriander seed, dry roasted and crushed
1/2 orange
750ml vegetable stock
olive oil
nob of butter


for giant croutons
couple of slices bread, cut into large cubes
1 clove garlic, crushed and chopped
olive oil


Heat the oil and butter in a large pan and saute onion, celery for until soften a little. Then add garlic, carrots, tomato, crushed coriander and tarragon. Stir and cook for another few mins.


Add vegetable stock and soup mix. Bring to boil and simmer until tender.


While soup is simmering away, mix the bread, oil and garlic in a large baking tray.
Bake them for 10 mins in the pre-heated oven (180ยบ).


When ready, whizz them with blender. I don't bother too much with making them smooth. 
Season, add squeeze of an orange and garnish with chopped coriander. Finish it off with giant croutons and a little drizzle of olive oil or spoonful of creme fraiche.

2 comments:

  1. hello :) my name is claire( kyungjin)
    i'm best friend of ur sister :)
    yesterday i heard about ur blog, so i visit.
    ur blog is sooooo pretty and romantic.
    especially,photo is really awesome :)
    i've never net u, but i really hope to see u :)

    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire,
    It is so lovely of you to come and visit me and thanks for your most kind comments. ( I'm sure my dear sis might have poked you hard for you to do that, knowing her...)
    I just checked out your blog, and read few post. In particular, if you ask me, the one about paris is very sweet. And I can just about sense and agree why you feel so special about River Scene...
    It's been so lovely to meet you over this world of blogging, and I very much look forward to seeing you soon, hopefully nearer the future, Clarie.
    Cheers.

    S x

    ReplyDelete